- WWE Fast Lane
1. Looks like we are all in on the Roman Regins push. And I like it. I've never been a huge Daniel Bryan guy but even if I was I don't know how much I would have been looking forward to a Triple Threat main event match at WrestleMania. That always seemed like a waste of Brock Lesnar for me. If Brock has the title going into the biggest event of the year then make it special with a 1-on-1 matchup. Make the story about whether Reigns is ready to defeat The Beast. I know a lot of people will predict this in the next 5 weeks but a Reigns win followed by a Rollins MITB cash in sounds pretty sweet.
2. I was really looking forward to the HHH/Sting confrontation tonight but was really let down on how it played out. It was great seeing Sting in a WWE ring and all but he couldn't talk at all? This confrontation was hyped for weeks but Sting doesn't even say a word during the "confrontation"? That's weak. I'm tired of the "point to the WrestleMania sign" act.
3. I know its clichéd by this point to complain on the internet about Dolph Ziggler's lack of a push but tonight was pretty disheartening. Tonight was the final PPV before WrestleMania and Dolph Ziggler got pinned clean in the ring by Kane. In 2015. That's nuts. Ziggler goes from being the long survivor in the huge main event at Survivor Series with TONS of momentum to this. Ziggler was on fire last fall and now is treading water going into WrestleMania. Maybe something turns around for him in the next 5 weeks leading into Mania but I can't see that happening.
- I'm not sure if I really enjoyed the actual match or not but everything before and after the Rhodes brothers match was outstanding. I'm really excited to see where the next 5 weeks goes in this feud.
- If the main storyline behind you winning a match is suppose to be "I won the match by grabbing the tights on the pinfall" if it were me I'd, you know, actually make sure I grabbed the tights during the pinfall. Come on Nikki.
- There's a fine line between being crazy and being an idiot, and Dean Ambrose jump all the way across that line tonight. Dean tries so hard on RAW to get a title shot and then in his actual title match he intentionally gets disqualified. That's incredibly stupid.
- The tag title switch really caught me off guard and I was pleasantly surprised. Really thought the Usos carrying the belts into WrestleMania was a near lock. Interested to see where Kidd/Cesaro go from here. I hope it turns into a legitimate tag team with Natalya being their manager instead of their dysfunctional third wheel, but time will tell.
- Ballsy move by the WWE by actually having Rusev defeat John Cena somewhat cleanly. I thought this was the way to go but did not think they'd actually go that route. Kudos.