Didn't get to see much of WWE Payback last night due to my anniversary but did see a little last night, a little this morning, and then caught up on some clips and recaps this morning. So enough to throw out some Quick Hitters.
- Opinions were predictably split on the House of Horrors match but I loved it. It was different and entertaining. And again, it's professional wrestling...there's suppose to be a layer of
- I did love Randy pulling up in a limo though. I can just imagine Bray setting up those accommodations for him to get him to the match. Would be a really weird phone call.
- And not that I should be the one to talk but Bray is getting a little chubby. That white tank was doing him no favors last night.
- Couldn't be more thrilled with Braun Strowman getting the clean win over Roman Reigns. A decision that benefits both men greatly. Braun continues to look like a monster and Reigns gains a little bit of sympathy from people and actually loses a match, something I was starting to think couldn't happen cleanly. Didn't think WWE would actually make that move but good on them for doing so.
- Another great move: Putting the Women's Championship on Alexa Bliss. She's good and people love her. Hell of a match too. That was one I caught in its entirety this morning. Much better than I anticipated.
- A fully heel Cesaro could be fun. And may be needed for Cesaro at this point.
- General opinion seemed to be that the Seth Rollins and Samoa Joe match was a little underwhelming. The story behind that feud just isn't very good or compelling. I know its a continuation of Seth/HHH but its just not clicking. Puts those guys in a tough spot heading into their match.
- I completely missed the MizTV segment. Need to catch up on that.
I sneakily had a pretty good opening round of the NBA Playoffs. I whiffed on my OKC over Houston pick but other than that I was solid. I was right about how the Boston and Chicago series would play out...until Rondo got hurt. Tough to predict injuries in the playoffs but that series was going exactly how I predicted it. After that I got the other six series correct.
I was right on Utah in 7 games, hit that one perfectly. Same with Washington in six games. Same with Golden State in four, although that one was a little easier to predict. I had the Pacers losing in 7 games....missed that one by a couple games or three too.
Just a refresher of who I had in the 2nd round: Wizards, Cavs, Warriors, and Spurs.
Didn't go games on those in my initial preview, so let's do that here: Wizards in 6. Cavs in 5. Warriors in 4. Spurs in 7.
Not as confident about that Spurs pick after watching one round of the playoffs. I'll stick with it but Houston might be the better team. And Kawhi/Harden cancel each other out for my "best player on the floor" theory.
I also thought the Warriors would get challenged by whoever came out of the Clips/Jazz series. I don't think that anymore. I hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking sweep.
In the East, still not impressed with the Celtics. And I could see the Cavs/Raptors series going anywhere from 4 to 7 games and I wouldn't be shocked. Just don't know what you're getting with Cleveland's defense. But I go 5 and say LeBron makes quick work of the Raptors.
Apparently this week is Teacher Appreciation Week. So if any of you would like to appreciate me with gifts or money, our address is 808 Pine Valley Dr, Huxley IA 50124.