March Madness officially kicks off for us Midwestern folks today as the Big 12 and Big 10 Tournaments get underway. I put up my annual predictions on both brackets elsewhere on the site. The link to the Big 12 bracket is here.
And the link to the Big 10 bracket is here.
After two really in-depth breakdowns on conference tournaments I'll use the last spot in the Three Count to update everyone on some odds-and-ends going on at The 808 right now.
- We did decide on the Chevy Traverse. Going to sign the paperwork and pick up the keys Thursday.
- Spring Break is next week and we are heading to Chicago. Last year we went to Minneapolis so we have Going North and Going East covered on Spring Break trips. Not sure when we'll ever Go South but oh well.
- Chicago plans included deep dish pizza and Saved By The Max for sure. Weather permitting we want to just walk around the pier and Magnificent Mile a little bit and just site-see. Possibly a trip to Wrigleyville. The Blackhawks play in town on Sunday afternoon and neither my wife or I have ever been to a hockey game so that's an idea. Probably won't go thought as tickets are so expensive for Blackhawks game. Over $100 on StubHub right now for Standing Room Only Tickets!
- I have a student teacher now in my class for the next 8 weeks. The Bollmeyer Teaching Tree continues to grow.
- Possibly going to Jersey Boys next week at the Des Moines Civic Center. Saw that out in New York City and thought it was spectacular. A review will follow in the Three Count if we do attend.