Mixed bag PPV last night for me. I was looking forward to the PPV to get a better picture of what WrestleMania will probably look like and I think we got that, just disappointing in the route WWE took to get there at least for me. Now as a caveat, how WWE follows up with a lot of this stuff tonight on RAW could definitely change my opinion on some of this stuff. And who am I kidding, I'm going to be pumped for WrestleMania regardless so what does it really matter. But here are some thoughts about last night's FastLane:
- You knew someone was interfering in that Goldberg/Owens match. I was hoping it was going to be Lesnar interfering to cost Goldberg but Jericho interfering to cost Owens makes sense too.
- Add me to the growing number of people on the internet confused by ending Charlotte's PPV winning streak at the minor-PPV right before WrestleMania. Seems illogical. Not even just that the streak is gone, but how it was ended. That Sasha run-in made no sense. Wasn't the entire point of this rematch for Bayley to prove she could beat Charlotte on her own since Sasha helped her win the title originally? And Charlotte had no one in her corner helping her, which made Sasha's run-in so weird. It was unprompted. But....I assume that's how you set up the WrestleMania match, too. Charlotte claiming Sasha thinks Bayley isn't good enough to win on her own so that's why she keeps helping her.
- That Braun Stroman vs. Roman Reigns match was fantastic. I know this phrase is overused in wrestling these days but Braun Strowman does have some freakishly scary strength. He just catches people with ease and tosses 240+ pound men around like they are middle schoolers. And he's pretty smooth athletically. After building him up for so long only to have him lose right BEFORE WrestleMania it will be interesting to see what role he plays this year at that show. He feels bigger than that Andre the Giant Battle Royal but I don't know where else he could go. Samoa Joe vs. Braun maybe?
- Because it looks like Roman Reigns is getting the Undertaker match. That was a dominant win over Stroman designed to make him look unbeatable. Then during the match Reigns said "this is my yard" and that was a point Jerry Lawler made multiple times on RAW Talk after the show. I assume that has to be the way to bring in The Undertaker. Regins says on RAW tomorrow that this is his yard and The Undertaker comes out to object to that.
- Which is a little disappointing. I get the idea of wanting a Reigns vs. Undertaker match before Undertaker retires but if you were predicting who would get to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania at the start of the year I don't think Reigns would have even been in my Top 5 picks I'd be most excited for. And probably not even Top 10. I get WWE booking the match, if they do go that route, but it's deflating.
- Everything else seemed OK, outside of the two back to back unannounced random fill-in matches. The Club winning makes sense and sets up the rematch probably at 'Mania. The Cruiserweight Championship match was pretty good, Angry Neville is great. Samoa Joe continued to look like a badass. Entertaining enough stuff across the board the rest of the way.
Big night in Bachelor-land tonight. After only getting a one-hour episode last week, we are provided three hours of goodness tonight. And three important hours at that. We should see the Fantasy Suite dates of Vanessa and Rachel, a rose ceremony, and the Women Tell All show. That's a big night.
I'd like to see Vanessa build some momentum heading into the Final Two. She's been trending downward the past couple of episodes, I'm hoping she gets back to the 5-Star Bachelor Contestant Vanessa that we saw earlier in the season. Also interested to see how she plays the Fantasy Suite. I can see her turning the night down. Seems like a Vanessa move to pull, especially if she's worried about the connection Nick could possibly have with the other two women. A key storyline to watch heading into tonight's episode.
Also should be interesting to see how Rachel's Fantasy Suite day goes. Since she's going to be the new Bachelorette next season, I'm still predicting that she doesn't win this season. And since she's all been eliminated from this season, I can't see her going to the Final Two. No way ABC announces someone in their Final Two for the current season is the Bachelorette for the next season. That kills the ratings. So you have to assume she gets booted this episode. Exciting to see how that plays out.
Either way, not sure either Fantasy Suite date tonight is going to be able to top Raven's Fantasy Suite date last week. She continues to be the star of the second half of this season. I'm not sure who's more excited: me for WrestleMania or Raven for her first orgasm. Really a toss up.
Add in the Women Tell All episode which is always fun and we have ourselves a heck of a Bachelor Night. Let's go!
Since we've been talking about the same final women for the last month or so, thought it was time to rank all 30 women who were contestants this season. So the ranking criteria is no longer "who is in best shape to win the final rose" but now just ranking all 30 women on all criteria. Whether that be looks, humor, personality, likeability, smarts, occupation....throw it all in a blender and see how it shakes out.
6. Danielle M
8. Danielle L
14. Jasmine G
22. Ida Marie
27. Jasmine B