- Game 6 is going to be interesting. Slightly surprised that Cleveland is favored heading into it.
- I thought we'd see more of the Kyrie from last night more often in this series but he was exceptional on the offensive end. Most impressive stat I think I saw from last night was that Kyrie was 10-14 on contested shot.
- I said going into the game that I'd be shocked if LeBron James didn't have 35+ points in Game 5 but I was shocked at how willing he was to finally shoot some jump shots. Through the first four games of the series it's not like he was just missing jump shots, he wasn't even taking them. Golden State was going underneath every screen and giving him a 2-3 foot cushion on the perimeter and LeBron would be hesitant to shoot. Maybe that was part of the Cavs' game plan but it was frustrating for me to watch him not take open looks. He took those shots last night, made them, and looked more like the LeBron I'm used to seeing in the playoffs.
- Another game where Klay Thopmson outplays his MVP counterpart Steph Curry. I'm a teacher and have a lot of free time so it actually sounds like a good job for me but I'd be interested to see how many times that has happened so far in these playoffs, especially in the past two series. Seems like Klay Thompson being the Warriors best player on a given night is more common than it being Curry.
- Popular Opinion Alert: Golden State has a really good basketball team, especially on the offensive end. But I think sometimes how good they are overshadows how great of a Coach Steve Kerr is becoming. I know it helps to have great players and a great team but I really like the role he's playing on these Warriors. And I really know next to nothing about what makes an NBA coach a good/great coach, but Kerr is a coach I really like to watch both in the game and in the pre/post-games.
- Hopefully Draymond learned a valuable lesson tonight about his anger and the affect it has him and his friends.
- Again, I'm not going to pretend to know what makes a quality NBA coach or tell them what they need to be doing, but if you take everything good I said above about Steve Kerr and did the opposite, those would probably be my thoughts on Ty Lue.
- Last night was the final RAW before the Money in the Bank pay-per-view this Sunday on the WWE Network. I know we still have a SmackDown before the event but we are in the homestretch here and this PPV is setting up to be really, really good. Money in the Bank is normally a great PPV and could easily replace Survivor Series as the 4th major PPV on the WWE calendar if Survivor Series didn't have all the history and name recognition to go with it.
But take a look at part of this card:
- Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Heavyweight Championship. Rollins first match back on TV after never losing the title. And it's against his former Shield partner in Roman Reigns.
- AJ Styles vs John Cena. Huge.
- A Money in the Bank match with some legit studs: Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Alberto Del Rio, Dean Ambrose, and Chris Jericho
- WWE Tag Title Fatal Four Way with New Day, Cass and Enzo, The Club, The Vaudevillains.
Add in some other interesting matches and I'm really looking forward to this PPV. I'd give my excitement level going into this Sunday a 8.5 out of 10. Be on the lookout on Sunday for a preview blog about the PPV.
- As I stated earlier in a previous Three Count, I accidentally skipped watching Season 2 of Newsroom when I started my summer binge watching. Went straight from watching Season 1 over Spring Break to Season 3 once school was out. So I went back over the weekend to watch Season 2 and thought it was the best season of the series. Really wish I would have watched it in order. I loved almost everything about this season of the Newsroom.
And maybe that has something to do with the fact that I knew how Season 3 would turn out, I don't know. But I thought in Season 2 many of the characters really started taking their form and Sorkin had a better of what to do with each character and their personalities. Every scene felt like it was important and had a role in the arch of the series. I don't watch a lot of TV but I haven't had that impression from a TV show since I watched Breaking Bad. I can't recommend this show enough, I loved it.