Been struggling how to get WWE content in on this blog in a consistent manner. With so much wrestling content to cover, I don't always hit RAW and SmackDown live when it airs so blogging about those the following day every week probably isn't an option. So my thought that I'm going to try is to make Thursday my day I just do Quick Hitters on everything in the week of wrestling so far: RAW, SmackDown, and NXT....with an occasional TNA/GFW or NJPW hit mixed in there but not very often. Just my thoughts for the week, so here we go:
- So John Cena is a free agent who can wrestle anyone on either roster and his first feud is going to be with Rusev? What? You could go Cena vs. Styles, Nakamura, Lesnar, Balor, Reigns, Strowman, Samoa Joe, Rollins, etc etc etc.....and we run back the Rusev feud? With a returning Rusev nonetheless that's been gone for months? What a weird path to go. Hopefully it works out for both guys but I have serious reservations about this.
- Speaking of Nakamura, can we start the disappointment talk yet? We probably have to wait until at least after SummerSlam though I guess.
- Loved Chad Gable getting a marquee match against AJ Styles this week. Think it would have meant more if American Alpha would have done anything in the last 2 months of note but it's a start at least. SmackDown dropping the ball with American Alpha so far could be my biggest WWE disappointment of 2017.
- Really enjoyed the Usos/New Day rap battle. I don't care what Wale or WWE says, The Usos won that thing. Huge upset. I would have had New Day as a -180 betting favorite going in.
- Thought it was a solid RAW to lead into the Great Balls of Fire PPV. Sunday looks like a great card. Hopefully it's a great showing and not just a placeholder PPV to get to SummerSlam though. That's always a worry to me these days about the non-major PPVs.
- You've surely heard this other places by now but Samoa Joe vs. Lesnar has been built beautifully. I don't think Joe has a chance in hell of winning but I'm still extremely excited to see their bout on Sunday....which is a credit to WWE.
- First WWE weekly recap blog so not sure if I've ever been able to document this before but I'm all in on Elias Sampson. Maybe in my Top 10 for favorite characters right now. Loved him in NXT and love him now on RAW, especially since WWE seems to be behind him now unlike during his time in NXT.
- Nice to see Heath Slater get some run on Monday night.
- Am I crazy or is Tozawa going to beat Neville on Sunday night?
- Fun NXT Championship match on Wednesday. Never been a Roddy Strong guy but like his NXT work so far. And never a complaint from me about Bobby Roode. The guy is money. Or glorious. Either one.
- Johnny Gargano is back next week! That was a surprise. Makes sense though since he's been out for over a month. Real excited to see where that story goes.
- Great Balls of Fire preview coming later in the week.
Let's keep the Quick Hitters coming. Quick Hitters from last night's Big Brother leading into tonight's eviction episode.
- Cody is nose diving and nose diving hard this week. I had him in the #1 Male spot after episode one and not sure he's even in the overall top 10 anymore. My goodness.
- I realize he was in a hard spot having to nominate FOUR people this week but he pushed really hard right away. Always fascinating to me to watch people try to gain power in the house and control everything. People do it every year and it never works. Ever. Just goes straight to their heads I guess, I don't know.
- And I haven't ruled out that Cody is a sociopath. His lack of emotion and empathy really is frightening at times.
- That said, I am all-in on the Cody-Jessica-Alex love triangle though that's not actually a love triangle. But I'm real excited to watch this drama play out.
- And how do we not get any type of reaction from Jessica when Cody called her "Alex" in bed?? 50 Diary session videos an episode and we can't get one of what Jessica thought of that? Unreal.
- So let me get this straight regarding the Den of "Temptation". What's the temptation about offering a prize to someone and the punishment is something bad happening to SOMEONE ELSE????!!!! Paul gets the prize (immunity for 3 weeks) and everyone else in the house has to get a possible punishment (Ramses has to put himself up during the 3 weeks).....How is that a temptation?
- Dominique. Dominique. Dominique. Keep an eye on her folks.
- "I mean, yogurt and granola. What the hell?"
- How do people not suspect Paul has the first temptation? A house full of 15 new players and 1 player who America has seen play an entire season. Of course he is going to win the first vote. How do people not suspect that he won that secret power? I don't get it. Now maybe the more I thought of it, maybe Big Brother didn't tell them the power was coming via a vote by America. Maybe that's the case. But even then....how does that not cross their minds?!?! Have they never seen the show before? Every year America votes on stuff, of course they would vote for the first power. How they didn't figure that out on their own is beyond me. They deserved to be blindsided by Paul's secret power.
Alright, we officially have all of our entrants in this year's "Blood On My Hands" Big Brother pool. We will update the point totals periodically throughout the season but if you want to keep track of your points on your own, basically the points breakdown is:
*5 points for a HoH week
*2 points for a Veto win
*1 point for using a Veto
*3 points each time someone is evicted before them
*Then there are some end of the season point totals on Finale Night
So those are the big ways for your HouseGuests to get points. And here is a sheet of everyone's HouseGuests for this summer.