So the 2017 Miller Masters is actually tomorrow. Every other year I've given people a month's heads up and really hyped this tournament up. It's basically the World's 5th Major at this point, and you could really make a case for moving up to #4 depending on how you feel about the PGA Championship.
But this year is a little different. Because of dates and conflicts and prior arrangements and various other outside factors, we couldn't get a date set that really worked for all of our golfers. Tomorrow seems like the date that worked for a majority of golfers to get as many people there as we can. There is a chance that all 8 competitors will be able to make it tomorrow. There's also a chance that only 5 or 6 will be able to make the event. There's a lot riding on a Little League All-Stars game tonight.
So that's why this event hasn't been as hyped as year's past. That's even why there is no Miller Masters Fantasy league this year like there has been in year's past, we just don't know which golfers will actually be there and for how long. No matter what happens though, the Erv Cup will be on the line tomorrow. Follow the hashtag #MillerMasters throughout the day tomorrow on Twitter for updates.
Quick Hitters anyone?
- TOO MUCH PAUL.
- I knew when CBS brought Paul, and Paul only, back that we'd run the risk of Paul dominating the season. We are at that point. So far this season Paul has 77 diary room sessions. Cody had 69 before he was evicted. No one else in the house has more than 30 right now.
- And we are shutting down the Den of Temptations next week huh? So this was just a 4 week thing with Week 1 being specifically designed to get Paul 4 weeks of immunity. Hmmmm......convenient.
- Christmas called herself, in all seriousness, the Queen of Perseverance in front of the entire house. OK.
- I'm sure this is a "prisoner of the moment" situation but serious question here: Is Josh the worst Big Brother player in the history of Big Brother? He goes off the handle 2-3 times a week, has a warped opinion of himself and his position in the game, gets dramatically emotional 2-3 times a week, and is no threat to win any competitions this season. I'm sure there have been worse players than Josh in the 19 seasons but I can't think of any.
- That Christmas and Jessica conversation was basically a contest to see who could be more bitchy than the other girl. I really want to like Jessica because smokeshow but she makes it really hard sometimes. And Christmas' ego is bigger than her biceps. There was no way that showdown was going to go well.
- Another reason why this Paul dominated season has been disappointing to me, is Alex. She should be a STAR. Hopefully she gets some more screen time but she's outstanding. Funny, quirky, competitive.....she has Big Brother All-Star written all over her but can't get on TV because of the Paul-Cody drama.
- Has anyone ever seen a worse cake than the one Raven made for Dominique this week? My goodness. As someone with a wildly popular cooking series on YouTube, that offended me.
- Speaking of Dominique, I think she's a favorite to win this season but I am concerned a bit for her. She's in a 'group' that can protect her and be her ally, but who is her main partner right now? I don't think she has one and that's a problem. Tough to win in Big Brother without one ride-or-die partner by your side. And I don't know who that is for her right now and maybe more importantly, I don't know who that even could be in the future.
- I know it's hard to put perfect odds on this since we don't know who will be evicted next week, but what would you put the percentages at for each contestant getting back into the house next week with the BattleBack competition? Like 10% Cameron, 5% Jillian, 70% Cody, and 15% Next Week's Evictee ? Does that sound about right? Big Brother has to make it some physical competition that Cody can win.
- UPDATED WEEK THREE POWER RANKINGS
- Again these are Power Rankings based on who I'd pick in order to win the game right now, not who has control over the house. For example, Paul is running the house and clearly has the most power over people. But I can't see him winning towards the end of the season when people gang up on him because he's a veteran and running everything.
As announced last week, I am joining the One Genome Short Productions team for the Des Moines 48 Hour Film Festival this year. The defending champions had a spot open on their roster, I took it, and never looked back. Along with all the congratulations I got from friends and family last week after announcing my decision, I also received a lot of questions like 'What is the 48 Hour Film Festival?' and 'What is One Genome Short Productions?'
We've briefly discussed in the Three Count what the 48-Hour Film festival is and you can also check out their website but it's basically a competition where you make a film in 48 hours one weekend. And that weekend is next weekend, July 21-23.
To answer the "What is One Genome Short Productions?' question and to hype up the big event next week....that's where I come in.
Since the contest starts next Friday and this is Year 12 for One Genome Short to be in the competition, next week I am going to countdown my 5 favorite films this crew has produced in this contest over the years. One film per day, Monday-Friday, to lead into the event on Friday night. I'll link the video and give a quick recap or my thoughts on the film.
Since they've produced 11 films so far though, I can't get them all in. So here are my rankings 6-11 for all time One Genome Short films. My Top 5 will begin to be unveiled starting on Monday. To see any of these films or to come up with your own rankings, visit their website. All 11 videos are embedded on one, easy to access page. And with each video only being about 6-10 minutes, they make for fun and easy to watch videos that you can get through fairly quickly.
6. S.T.U.F.F.E.D. (2013)
7. Wishing Well (2010)
8. Clap (2011)
9. Waffles With Betsy (2007)
10. Swept Away (2008)
11. The Good, The Bad, and The Hooty-Toot (2006)