It's Monday, which means we're going to get you ready for tonight's episode by breaking down last week's show and updating the Bachelor Women's Power Rankings.
- They started doing this in Big Brother a couple seasons ago and I like that they are taking it to the Bachelor as well. Maybe The Bachelor has done it for awhile but I like not ending the episode with a Rose Ceremony. It adds drama to the middle of the show and allows you to end the show with a better cliffhanger. Smart producing
- Corinne is still performing beautifully as the villain of the season and taking that role to new levels. There have been so many villains in Bachelor history that it would be easy to do the same tried and true tactics that many of her predecessors have used but Corinne keeps finding new ways for people to hate her. Sleeping during the Rose Ceremony when she already had a rose given to her was just some groundbreaking stuff. Then add in the fact that she has a real life nanny that basically does all her adult things for her. Phenomenal.
- The five people I said last week Nick could kick off quickly (Jaimi, Josaphine, Christen, Astrid, Kristina) all made it through the Rose Ceremony and he sent away Hailey. I don't get it. Hailey had some serious potential. She's only 23 I think so maybe the age gap played a role. Or the producers told Nick to send her home if he didn't see a future with her. Either way, surprising move from my vantage point.
- Backstreet Boys and Carl Lewis. The Bachelor is pulling out all the stops this year.
- What the hell was the deal with that giant poster or rug of Nick they pulled out on the second group date? It was there for like 5 seconds but never explained what the hell it was. Then Nick just made out with someone on it and that was that. Unless it was explained somewhere and I missed it? So weird.
- Really liked Vanessa's 1-on-1 date. Her getting an early 1-on-1 was some validation for me since she's my Final Rose pick. Thought it went well and they had some chemistry. Her getting sick on the plane also allowed Nick to comfort her, which adds in an emotional connection and bonding time between the two. Great date for Vanessa.
- Side note: No chance in hell you would get me to go on that Zero G experience Vanessa and Nick tried on their date. Thought it looked really cool until they explained the concept. If part of the experience involves a plane nosediving on purpose, I'm out.
- Still liking what Alexis is bringing to the table this season. Great humor but not over the top. She doesn't come off like she's trying too hard to be funny. She comes off really playful and someone who'd be fun to hang out with. Still not sure that leads to winning though, we'll see.
- Disappointing to see so many girls at the end of the show go to Nick and start bashing Corinne. Complaining about another guy/girl to the Bachelor/Bachelorette is always a terrible move in the show. You gotta use your time to build your connection, not try to tear down someone else's. Anyone who's watched this show at all knows that.
- As great as Alexis' ending to the show was last week when she celebrated her boob's birthday, that's how bad Josaphine's was this week with that song/jingle at the end. Just brutal and not entertaining at all.
No changes this week in the Power Rankings.
- Danielle M
I was all set to move Vanessa up to the #1 spot after her 1-on-1 date but then she really came at Nick hard about the Corinne thing at the end of the episode. It's a great move if you are looking for love, but a risky one if you are trying to win a contest. Could work out in the end but I'm keeping her at the 2 spot until I see how Nick responds.
Danielle will stay at 3 but I could see her falling soon. She's already had her 1-on-1 date so I could see her just hanging around for awhile. Her personality won't dominate in big group situations like we'll see in the next weeks with so many women still around, but she'll really do well once we get down to 10 women or so. She's just gotta bide time for right now.
Like last week, Corinne isn't winning but she'll always have a spot in my Power Rankings just out of respect to what she brings to the show. She's not on Courtney's level yet for best villain of all time but she's making her case to get there soon.
Heck of a performance by the Falcons this weekend. They looked really good and it's never a bad thing to see Aaron Rodgers and the Packers get embarrassed once in awhile. Hopefully Atlanta can do the same thing in a couple weeks to Tom Brady and the Patriots. Also, great way to shut down the Georgia Dome. I know the Georgia Dome doesn't have a whole lot of sports history compared to other great venues in sports but a great memory nonetheless to shut it down with.
And really, we should have known it was over on Thursday when this video came out. Green Bay never stood a chance after that. Wooooooooooo!!!!!!!!