Monday means not only Monday Night RAW night but also a new episode of the Bachelor drops tonight. Let's talk some quick notes from last week's episode and update the Bachelor Women Power Rankings.
- Gotta start with Corinne. She dominated the screen time in the first hour of the show on the group date. Every season of Bachelor or Bachelorette needs a villain and I think it's clear that Corinne will fill that role this season.
- Corinne is like the Seattle Seahawks of the Bachelor. She's aggressive, she's loud and brash, she's in your face, and she's a front-runner. When things are going her way, she's annoying as hell. Corinne is dominating the show right now but just like the Seahawks you better watch out when she starts to lose, it could get ugly real quick. Seattle started losing Saturday and imploded. Personal fouls, dirty plays, pouting, and profanity laced outbursts to reporters. Classic bully mentality. You can see the same thing coming down the pike for Corinne too. When she doesn't get her way or her time with Nick, watch out. She's gonna have a HUGE melt down.
- Brittany. Smokeshow in that leaf bikini.
- I was disappointed in Danielle during her 1-on-1 date. Everything before she brought up her dead fiance flopped for me. I mean, obviously you are going to gain sympathy points and an emotional connection bringing that topic up but everything before that didn't flow as well as it should have. There was no great connection and not overly flirty...just kind of her giggling and awkwardly laughing in her interviews. Just thought there should be more of a spark there for that first 1-on-1 date of the season. Gotta take advantage of those opportunities. To me in reminded me of someone getting an extra 10 seconds of time against their competitors on Supermarket Sweep but going down like the cereal aisle instead of going straight for the baby formula or frozen meat section and getting the big money items. Seemed like a wasted opportunity to me.
- Keep an eye on Alexis, she could be the sleeper of this season. She won't crack the Power Rankings just yet but she's growing on me at least. She was the women dressed up in the shark/dolphin costume night one. Obviously because of that I just wrote her off initially but that may have been a bad move. She played that off really well in night one and really committed to the bit, which we talked about in last week's Three Count. This week she played the shotgun wedding bride really well and threw a birthday party for her fake boobs. Just seems like a really fun girl to be around whose personality could take her a long ways in this show. Not sure that's ultimately what Nick is looking for but at least keep an eye on her.
- Really, really, really disappointed on how that 2nd group date played out with the break-ups. Not just because it was a dumb idea and not very entertaining and ultimately just a prop to further the Nick/Liz storyline, but because it took away one of the potentially best dramatic scenes in the season. The Bachelor is great at teasing events throughout the season to peak your interest, whether those scenes end up being dramatic or not. One of the scenes they previewed this season was a women slapping Nick. When they showed that on the premiere episode it made you think that a women was pissed with Nick and left the show that way. Especially with Nick being a douchebag that was easy to get your hopes of for. Maybe Nick was acting like a prick to a contestant, maybe slept with someone on the show again and it pissed women off, really anything was on the table to produce a slap to the bachelor. It seemed like a key moment in this season's show. Really disappointed when it played out as just a staged skit that didn't have any real implications.
- Hated to see Liz go this early in the season but she didn't play her hand very well. I had her at 4 in my initial Bachelor Women Power Rankings because of her previous connection with Nick but everything on this season just didn't go well for her. She never really had an answer for any of Nick's questions, especially the not giving him her number thing. Which seems like that's something you would have prepped yourself for coming into the show. You know that topic and conversation is going to come up...you gotta have an answer for it. And maybe she did and then the pressure of the show or the bright lights got to her and she choked. I don't know. But once that conversation flopped, she couldn't recover. Everything from that moment on was awkward for her and Nick and then she never found time to clear the air. It was probably the right call for Nick to ditch her early as well. He's going to have enough drama this season just because of his personality I'm sure, so no real reason to keep Liz there to potentially bring more drama to the table. Plus, Nick seems like a type of guy who sleeping with multiple women is something that's important to him so if he's already slept with Liz I can't see him going back to that well if there are other women around that he hasn't slept with yet.
- No rose ceremony? I'm admittedly only about a 50/50 watcher of Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons so maybe this is common practice now but I was waiting for a Rose Ceremony that never came. There's 20 women left, let's start dwindling them down. Plus, Rose Ceremonies are our time to see more of the real star of the show Chris Harrison. Since their was no Rose Ceremony, I'll kick some women off myself. Jaimi, Josaphine, Christen, Astrid, Kristina.....sorry, you aren't making it very far.
1. Rachel - Very little screen time for her this week but she's still hanging on to that first impression rose. It's a long season and that rose ensures she'll be there for most of it. She's #1 until someone gives me a reason not to put her there.
2. Vanessa - Same reasoning here. Still think Nick had the best connection with her on Night One so not going to drop her after one week. Thought she could have done more on her group date though.
3. Danielle M - She also stays at the three spot this week but really felt with the first 1-on-1 date of the season that she could have moved up to the two or even the one spot, but just didn't click as well as I would have liked with Nick. But, getting the first 1-on-1 date is a great sign and validates my high ranking of her last week.
4. Alexis - I lied in the post above, Alexis is cracking the Power Rankings this week. Was looking through the options to put here and not a lot jumped out yet, especially after this episode. Maybe could have been Brittany after her leaf bikini show but Corinne one-upped her and stole her spotlight. Also could have been Sarah and Whitney but I'm not sure where they were this episode, so they couldn't move up. Taylor had a nice episode as the princess bride and fight with Corinne but just not enough in my book.
5. Corinne - Again, the villain of the season which means she's always going to get screen time and have the show be about her. But even by villain standards, may have went too hard too early. She really went in guns blazing this episode. Stealing Nick multiple times, forcing Nick to grope her boobs in front of everyone, and scolding the other women multiple times on the sofa. Not afraid to wear out her welcome at all.
Let's get in a quick non-Bachelor topic to round out the Three Count. A big weekend of NFL Playoffs, especially on Sunday where we finally got a pair of competitive games. But my biggest takeaway from the NFL Playoffs this weekend happened in Vegas and not on the field. On Twitter, someone posted a tweet and picture of a guy who took Aaron Rodgers' "Run the table" talk seriously.
I'm not sure if it was because of Rodgers' speech or just something that came along as he went but a bettor in Vegas put $300 on Green Bay the game after Rodgers said they need to run the table. The Packers won that game, the final six games of the regular season, and two playoff games so far. This bettor has let it ride ever since that first $300 bet!
So after the win in Dallas, this bettor is up $28,213! And.....he/she is letting it ride again this week! I saw a new tweet about an hour after the game that this person is putting it all on Green Bay again next week. The ticket is shown below for next week at Atlanta. Unreal.