Well that sucked. Quick hitters:
- Run the ball Kyle Shannahan. Not even just for the FG but to drain some clock. That's going to be tough to live with for the rest of their lives for Atlanta fans.
- I say it every year but the Super Bowl commercials are the most overhyped thing in sports. Rarely live up to expectations and this year was no exception.
- Great performance by Lady Gaga at halftime but still think we need to give that opportunity to the Red Panda once before she retires.
- I feel terrible for Arthur Blank. He's been waiting so long for this moment and he was right there. Damn.
- I mean I'm sure he's a multi-millionaire so he'll be OK I guess.
- James White, the real MVP of Super Bowl 51.
- Is James White the best receiver in Super Bowl history? Talk amongst yourself.
- I see Roger Goddell made it through the trophy ceremony alright. What an overblown story that turned out to be.
- Total Plays: Patriots 93, Atlanta 48.
Not a great episode of The Bachelor last week. That haunted house group date was all kind of terrible. Staged, phony, lacking drama.....just a trainwreck. The great part about Bachelor Trainwrecks though are they are the type of trainwrecks you have to watch just to make sure you don't miss anything terrible. So of course I watched all of it but it was not good.
The 2-on-1 date was also a disappointment. 2-on-1 dates are Bachelor staples that are normally guaranteed to bring the drama but this one was pretty mild, especially for two women that can't stand each other. I thought Taylor and Corinne would tear each other apart in the swamp but just seemed like the producers didn't have any material to work with. Weird. I guess it's like in boxing or MMA where they say "styles make the fight", I think it was the opposite here. Corinne and Taylor are such opposites that their styles just never clicked together to make an entertaining fight.
Anyways, let's get to some brief quick hitters and then into the Bachelor Women Power Rankings.
- Still don't see why Nick is keeping Jaimi and Josaphine around. Tough sending home Sarah and Astrid while keeping though two.
- Not sure if Raven is going to win but if she doesn't she could get her own spinoff show on Bravo or TLC and I'd watch it. She's really growing on me. She's funny, smart, quirky, blunt, goofy, and really likeable. Think she'd make for great TV.
- Is Corinne the female version of Donald Trump?
- Think about it. She's never wrong in her mind. If anyone goes against her she goes nuclear and hates them and bad mouths them, often while making false claims about them. She had a huge ego and is basically a big bully in an adults body. But at the end of the day, they are both really successful at what they do.
- The swamp was a great location for a 2-on-1 date.
- I think Taylor got a bad edit on that 2-on-1 date that made her come off poorly. But regardless, not a great showing from her. Like they say in the Wire "If you come at The Queen, you best not miss".
- I don't think Corinne wins this thing but her and Nick are perfect for each other. Probably won't happen though, Corinne is destined for years in Bachelor in Paradise.
- I'm also not buying that Corinne is also going home at the end of the 2-on-1 date tonight. Clever edit by the producers at the end of the episode to make it seem like that was happening tonight.
Bachelor Women Power Rankings
No movement in the Power Rankings this week. Rachel had a great 1-on-1 date but I don't think it was enough to move her above Vanessa though. I think it really solidified her spot at #2 and probably locked her into final four hometown dates. I have Vanessa and Rachel locked into hometown dates, the other two spots are still wide open.
Corinne stays at #5 just out of respect. She's been the star of this season and dominated the screen time. She deserves a spot in the rankings as long as she's on the show. I think her time is dwindling down though. At some point in The Bachelor the villain has to leave so other people can get screen time and get the viewers to emotionally invest in them. I give Corinne two more episodes.
I think we are to the point where enough women are gone that we can get an initial ranking on all the women.
6. Danielle M.
8. Danielle L.
10. Jasmine G