Really starting to get down to the knitty gritty here folks. Nick sent home 6 women last week. It was almost like that point they reach during Big Brother where they have too many people still in the game and not enough weeks in the season so they do a Double Eviction episode and then another Double Eviction episode like 2 weeks later. Feels like the producers hit the fast forward button last week which should help the pace of the show now. Probably send two more women home tonight and then hometowns next week? This could get good quick. Speaking of quick, here's some quick Quick Hitters from last week's episode.
- That Taylor confrontation fizzled out quickly.
- Not that "appearing on The Bachelor" was ever probably considered a great career advancement move but did anyone come off worse in their regular life after this show than Taylor. She's already fighting an uphill battle trying to be a psychiatrist at 23-years old, now she has to do that while coming off looking like a crazy person on the Bachelor. And one that doesn't articulate her points very well. If I need a psychiatrist in the future, Taylor is going to be a ways down my list.
- I get sending Jaimi and Josaphine home since I've been predicting that for weeks now and always getting it wrong but we lost our first women all season from the Bachelor Women Power Rankings in Alexis. Sad day.
- Felt like Alexis got a quick hook. No dramatic cut ins to her as Nick was handing out roses, no personal interviews, no nothing really. Just treated her like an extra for the most part. Weird.
- What did I miss during that volleyball game? It was like 5 minutes of material was just cut from the show for no reason. One second they are playing volleyball and the next everyone is crying and pissed. It was like the losers of that game were going to be sent home and forced to be confined to their rooms for the rest of the week. Everyone lost their minds there but nothing ignited that reaction. Really weird. Even Vanessa who is usually pretty emotionally under control was crying for no reason. I didn't realize volleyball was such a stressor for women.
- Calm down Jasmine. Better yet, get out of here Jasmine.
- Nick sent a lot of women home this week and also had a 1-on-1 date with Kristina, which went OK but not great. Here's my theory with trying to date Nick....you can't slow play your relationship with Nick. He doesn't like that and gets uninterested quick with that approach. You either have to have a strong personality to be able to get into his face and keep him in check (Vanessa,Rachel) or you have to be aggressive with him sexually (Corinne all the time or various women off an on during the season). If you aren't doing one of those two things, not much there to interest Nick.
- Nick's not leaving the show. If that's the whole basis of next week's episode then we are in for a snoozer.
Not many women left. Other than losing Alexis last week, our rankings have been pretty solid all year. We didn't even put out a meaningless rankings halfway through the season like the NCAA did for basketball this year. We've been putting out meaningless rankings for the entire season! Need to finish the year strong though.
Really feels like it's coming down to a two-horse race between these two. Hard to think of an scenario where these two aren't your favorites to get the final rose at this point. I give a favorable lead to Vanessa at this point though. Think she's the clear leader right now.
These would be my other two guesses for hometown dates. The other two could easily move into these spots as well but think Corinne and Raven have the inside track to get to hometown dates. I have Corinne at #3 above Raven because I'd guess she's more likely to move past Hometown Dates and into Fantasy Suites Dates. If I'm trying to think like Nick and I have my Top 2 set in Rachel and Vanessa, I guarantee a guy like Nick is just thinking who would I most like to sleep with in the Fantasy Suite for his third pick. That's why I give Corinne the 3 spot this late in the game. Plus, maybe Corinne does actually end up winning....Nick and Corinne are perfect for each other.
Raven on the other hand would be my current pick to be the next Bachelorette. I'd definitely watch an entire season of her trying to find love. Vanessa would also be a great pick but 1) I think she ends up winning this season and 2) if she doesn't win I think she at least gets to Final 2 and then she'd have too much of Nick's stink on her for me to want to watch her more. No matter how media savvy he becomes or how much he tries to mask it, Nick is a bad guy and I'd be upset if a great girl like Vanessa ends up with him. Or even close to ending up with him.
5. Danielle M
Danielle is like the fantasy football sleeper you pick up that you expect to blow up and have a big season for you but never quite turns the corner. She'd be like a RB that gives you 70-80 yards a game but never gives you a touchdown. She'd end the year with like 1,100 yards and 2 TD's. Yeah that's a solid season, especially for a late round selection, but it isn't winning you the league. That's how I feel with Danielle M. I thought she really had an opportunity to make a big splash this season and steal Nick's heart. And it always feels like she's close but has never had the opportunity to really be the lead woman of the show. Or if she has been given it, she hasn't capitalized on it. Maybe she capitalizes on it late in the show and makes a deep run here to close the show, but we are running out of time.
Kristina on the other hand is a little bit of a late bloomer. If this season was 4 weeks longer I think she could really develop into something big. And that may be part of this season's Corinne problem as well. The producers spend so much time covering Corinne, and justifiably so in many cases, but it takes away time from getting to know the other women. With less time covering Corinne maybe we would have gotten to know Kristina better and really became invested in her. Even Alexis getting sent home this week felt like it came out of no where, but Alexis seemed to know it was coming and took it really well. I'm sure there was some story there we never heard or saw.
Man I was off on my Elimination Chamber picks last night. Think I was 2-6, only getting Mojo Rawley and Randy Orton correct. Entertaining Elimination Chamber match. They started out with AJ and Cena, which was smart, and then never really took their foot off the gas pedal the rest of the night. Starting with those two guys also gave them a reason to lose clean over the other guys who were in the Chamber for less time. Doesn't make those two look week and still really helps the winner, in this case Bray. Wish WWE would do that more.
- Maybe it's just me but I didn't buy the "huge moment" of Bray winning his first title like they were trying to sell us. He's lost so many big matches that I've never felt he was ever really that close to winning a title. Maybe it was just me but I didn't see that as a "huge moment".
- So it looks like its Corbin vs. Ambrose for the IC title at Mania. I like it.
- Do we really need to extend this Natalya/Nikki feud? Felt like it was already dragging on a bit too long heading into last night. Finishing it at Elimination Chamber so they could start fresh somewhere else leading into WrestleMania felt like the right move, but we'll see where they go with it I guess.
- What are they doing with Dolph Ziggler? That heel turn people have been clamoring for for years has turned into him routinely losing matches to Apollo Crews and Kalisto. Not great.
- The Naomi win was a real shocker for me. Thought Alexa Bliss was doing a great job as champ while Naomi had been doing nothing for the better part of the last 12 months. I like a good curveball every once in a while though.
- I actually thought The Ascension were going to win that match once The Usos started their beatdown of American Alpha. Once they didn't get the quick pin you could tell American Alpha were going to end up getting the comeback victory but right away, they had me. Well done.
- Entertaining brand specific PPV overall. Feel like this is a good template for WWE on these brand specific PPVs. Basically build it up as a super card you'd see on TV built around a gimmick match. Tonight was Elimination Chamber match, but you could have any type of gimmick match be the focal point and build a solid card around it. It wasn't outstanding but well worth 3 hours of a Sunday.