We went on a quick family vacation/wedding trip last week so I had to put the Three Count on hiatus. And with this being my final week of summer vacation before I go back into Feeny Mode for the school year I'm not sure what the future of the Three Count will be. I'm sure it won't be a daily blog post like it was in the the summer. Maybe it will be two to three times a week, maybe it will even become an evening post. But for the meantime, it's back for today.
That was cute of ESPN to try and one-up me with their 28-Hour Fantasy Football Marathon yesterday. Wonder where they got such an idea from? Anyways, right before the last edition of the Three Count I told everyone I was off to do a 24-Hour Video Game Marathon, the second annual event. This year we tried raising money for charity as part of the event. We raised $69, plus a koozie and 9 Busch Lights for Toys for Tots here in Des Moines. I think I'll just keep the koozie and beer here at The 808, I'm not sure how they would fit in with Toys for Tots....so final total raised will be $69 this year.
If you weren't one of my Facebook friends that got blasted with the 25 live stream videos that day, here's just a quick snapshot of how the video games went:
- Went 15-1 and won the Super Bowl with the Buffalo Bills in Tecmo Super Bowl. Lost a regular season game to the Patriots. Lost the turnover battle and couldn't recover.
- Made two runs in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out and lost both times to Bald Bull.
- Had three friends come over and play Mario Kart on N64 for about 2 hours. Played 24 games I think and only got 1st place twice and last place 11 times I think. I just got worked over in that, embarrassing.
- Lost to my cousin in Super Tennis for the SNES.
- Took many "Continues" but defeated the entire Tiny Tunes game on NES.
- Played Tetris twice an got to Lines 84 and 91.
- Played terribly on TMNT for NES.
- Started a season on Ken Griffey Jr. baseball for SNES but didn't finish it and accidentally replayed games during the season because I messed up the Save feature.
- And then added some other games here and there throughout the day.
I debated doing any further Power Rankings after Frank's eviction since the season is basically over. But for the good of the people, I brought the Power Rankings back. Here they are.
I'll get a preview post put up soon about SummerSlam this weekend but that card is shaping up to be really good. The entire card is posted below but they've really made the two men's title matches compelling and interesting. Finn Balor's PPV debut should be exciting to see and can Dolph actually win the title and turn heel in the process? That feels like much more of an option now than it did 3 weeks ago. Throw in a Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton match, a Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte title match, AJ Styles vs. John Cena, and a Jon Stewart appearance and that's a pretty stacked card before you even get to the mid-card matches. Should be a great event on Sunday.
Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor (WWE Universal Championship)
Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton
AJ Styles vs. John Cena
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte (WWE Women's Championship)
Rusev vs. Roman Reigns (United States Championship)
The Miz vs. Apollo Crews (Intercontinental Championship)
The New Day vs. The Club (WWE Tag Team Championship)
Enzo and Big Cass vs. Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho
Cesaro vs. Sheamus (1st match in the Best of Seven Series)
Carmella, Becky Lynch, Naomi vs. Natalya, Alexis Bliss, Eva Marie